With Suzanne Colson, PhD and Kittie Frantz, RN, CPNP-PC
DVD available in English, Spanish & French
For mothers, lactation consultants, nurses, midwives, physicians, childbirth educators, WIC breastfeeding counselors, and others who work with breastfeeding mothers.
- This 28-minute DVD introduces laid-back positions that help mothers breastfeed in greater comfort and enjoy their babies more. In the past, postpartum mothers were instructed to breastfeed lying on their side or sitting up with baby supported by a pillow. This worked for some mothers but many found these positions uncomfortable and struggled with latching difficulties and nipple soreness.
- You will see ethnically diverse mothers and babies in a variety of settings: a delivery room, a postpartum hospital room after a cesarean birth, at home in bed, on a couch, in different chairs, and in an outdoor café. Each environment illustrates a different aspect of how Biological Nurturing® makes early mothering and breastfeeding easier and more satisfying.
- When baby is on his tummy snuggled up to mom’s breast, magic happens for both of them! Baby’s reflexes awaken when his whole body is touching hers and mom can more easily respond with loving gestures because she has one or both hands free.
- These positions work in harmony with gravity to reduce the “work” of breastfeeding, making it easier to let baby nurse as long as he needs to while mother achieves complete relaxation and greater oxytocin release.
- Bonus footage explains why one mother found breastfeeding challenging in a rocking chair, an excellent teaching tool on how body dynamics can affect breastfeeding.
Running time: 28 minutes
DVD – ISBN # 9781885748867
View our YouTube video promo below!