These new and updated now six laminated 5″ by 6″ pocket-size cards are ideal for quick reference in infant feeding. Dietitians love them! Healthcare professionals can use these to show mothers how much baby is likely getting from the breast to build confidence. Lactation Consultants can use these in assisting working women as to how much to pump to leave for baby the next day. Subtracting how much milk baby took from the feeding tube device at the breast from the calculated daily intake can be used to measure how much baby is likely getting from the breast to encourage mom’s progress.
- The blue card calculates for you the 10% weight loss from the newborn weight, and what baby would weigh after the loss! Perfect for home visits.
- Our NEW orange card calculates for you the 12% weight loss from the newborn weight, and what baby would weigh after the loss! This is based on recent research of normal limits of newborn weight loss. Flaherman, V.,et al. (2014) Early weight loss nomogram for exclusively breastfed newborns. PEDIATRICS,135(1).
- The green card is for infants two to six months of age to calculate the number of ounces of 20 calorie per ounce milk an infant needs every 24 hours to maintain that weight. This is based on 108 Kcal/Kg of average energy allowance per the RDA, 10th edition. If baby is gaining weight it means they are getting more than the amount shown on the card.
- The purple card is for infants greater than 36 weeks gestational age, full term but under a month of age, and progressing to “catch-up weight” if weight gain was previously slow. This is based on 120Kcal/Kg of average energy allowance per the RDA, 10th edition. If baby is gaining weight it means they are getting more than the amount shown on the card.
- The pink card is a Pounds to Kilograms conversion chart.
- The yellow card summarizes infant and child growth parameters. Average weight gains per day, per month and per year. Average length increases by year and average head circumference growth in the first year.
ISBN # 1-885748-70-1
There are no reviews yet.